The USC School of Pharmacy’s Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships (SURF) program is geared towards increasing learning and networking opportunities for undergraduate students from universities outside USC committed to pursuing either a professional or academic research career in pharmaceutical and translational sciences. It is a full time program (minimum of 10 weeks). Students will develop confidence and independence in conducting research and communicating scientific concepts under the guidance of faculty and other mentors. In addition to daily engagement in the lab, students will attend biweekly seminars and participate in a workshop on the graduate school application process so as to stimulate serious consideration of graduate study. At the end of the summer, students will give an oral presentation of their research to their peers and faculty.
Click here to access the Summer 2018 Application
- Undergraduate students from between their junior and senior year
- Students must be in good academic standing and enrolled for next year’s classes
- Must be US citizens or permanent residents
- Applications are strongly encouraged from the following groups to enhance diversity in our training programs: first-generation college student or a member of a group that is underrepresented in graduate education (African Americans, Latinos, American Indians or Alaska Natives, native Hawaiians, and other Pacific Islanders; individuals with disabilities, defined as those with a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities).
- Application Deadline: March 15, 2018
- Awardees will be notified by early April, 2018
- Full-time program (minimum of 10 weeks)
- Program Period – two cohorts:
- Cohort #1: May 21 – July 27, 2018
- Cohort #2: June 18 – August 24, 2018
For more information, please contact the USC School of Pharmacy Graduate Affairs Office at 323.442.1474 or via email at email@example.com.