The USC School of Pharmacy’s Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships (SURF) program is geared towards increasing learning and networking opportunities for undergraduate students from universities outside USC committed to pursuing either a professional or academic research career in pharmaceutical and translational sciences. Students will develop confidence and independence in conducting research and communicating scientific concepts under the guidance of faculty and other mentors. In addition to daily engagement in the lab, students will attend biweekly seminars and participate in a workshop on the graduate school application process so as to stimulate serious consideration of graduate study. At the end of the summer, students will give an oral presentation of their research to their peers and faculty.
* Summer 2018 application coming in January 2018 *
- Undergraduate students from universities outside USC between their junior and senior year
- Students must be in good academic standing and enrolled for next year’s classes
- Must be US citizens or permanent residents
- Applications are strongly encouraged from the following groups to enhance diversity in our training programs: first-generation college student or a member of a group that is underrepresented in graduate education (African Americans, Latinos, American Indians or Alaska Natives, native Hawaiians, and other Pacific Islanders; individuals with disabilities, defined as those with a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities).
For a list of participating faculty, their research programs and information about our graduate programs, please visit our website: http://pharmgradprograms.usc.edu.
- 2017 SURF Application Deadline is March 15, 2017
- Awardees will be notified by early April, 2017
- Earliest start date: June 1, 2017
For more information, please contact the USC School of Pharmacy Graduate Affairs Office at 323-442-1474 or via email at email@example.com.