All prospective students will apply through the single umbrella program in Pharmaceutical & Translational Sciences (PHTS). Application materials will be reviewed by a joint admission committee, with equal representation of faculty from each track, evaluating applications on the basis of academic excellence and scientific research commitment.
Applications and all supporting materials may be submitted anytime between September 1 and January 15 (9pm PCT, midnight EST) for consideration for admission for the following Fall semester. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, beginning in the Fall. Early acceptance will be offered to outstanding applicants.
Consideration for certain USC Scholarships and Fellowships begins in December. Applications must be received by December 1 to receive full consideration for these opportunities. Admission decisions will continue to be made until the class is filled, usually by mid to late spring. Applications are only considered for admission beginning in the Fall term, except under exceptional circumstances.
Applications to PHTS require the following:
- Completed online application at USC Graduate Admission Application
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE). (Subject test is optional).
- Statement of Purpose: A brief and focused essay about your career and research goals, and how you intend to achieve these goals. It should also describe your accomplishments thus far along your projected career path.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three (3) letters of recommendation. Must be submitted online. Hard copies will not be accepted.
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended. Upload copies of official transcripts to the online application system. Mail official transcripts to the USC Office of Graduate Admissions. See instructions below.
- TOEFL/IELTS (Required for all international applicants)
Applicants must meet minimum requirements for admission to the University (overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0, and a combined GRE Verbal + Quantitative score). However, a GPA of 3.5 and a combined GRE V/Q score of at least 315 are preferred. Proficiency in the English language is essential.
ETS Institution code: 4852
GRE Institution code: 4852
TOEFL code: 4852
For International Students
When listing undergraduate/graduate GPAs (grade point averages) on the application, please use the system of your university. If you received a percentage grade, provide the average percentage. If you were graded on a scale other than 4.0 (with 4.0 equal to an “A”), please indicate the average grade AND indicate the scale (for example, 8.5/10). All international students are required to submit TOEFL/IELTS scores even if a master’s degree was received from an English speaking country. The minimum TOEFL score is 100 for the internet-based test (IBT) or an IELTS score of 7, with at least 6 on each band.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online through USC’s online graduate application system as follows:
1. Select the Program
Select the graduate program to which you are applying on the page entitled “Application Information” as follows:
- The semester (for the entering year),
- School of Pharmacy
- PHTS (for the program)
2. Upload Supporting Documents
Upload the following documents to the online admissions system: Statement of Purpose, Curriculum Vitae, Official Copies of transcripts from all institutions attended (unofficial copies are unacceptable).
3. Mail Official Transcripts
For mailing instructions for official transcripts from all institutions attended – click on this link.
4. Pay the Application Fee
Pay the application fee of $90. The fee is paid online via credit card when you submit your application. The application fee is non-refundable.
We strongly encourage you to visit our FAQ webpage for more information.