The USC School of Pharmacy’s Dean’s Summer PharmD Research Fellowship Program is geared towards increasing learning and networking opportunities for USC PharmD students committed to pursuing either a professional or academic research career in pharmaceutical and translational sciences. Students will develop confidence and independence in conducting research and communicating scientific concepts under the guidance of faculty and other mentors. In addition to daily engagement in the lab, students will attend biweekly seminars and participate in a workshop on the graduate school application process so as to stimulate serious consideration of graduate study. At the end of the summer, students will give an oral presentation of their research to their peers and faculty.
The students should have:
- Strong desire to engage in research and/or pursue a PhD in one of the disciplines offered by the USC School of Pharmacy graduate program (https://pharmgradprograms.usc.edu/) concurrent with or after completion of their PharmD studies.
- Pharmaceutical and Translational Sciences PhD Tracks
- Health Economics PhD Tracks
- Strong academic background (GPA of 3.5 or higher)
- Working knowledge of research skills and concepts learned through college courses
- Full-time availability for fellowship work over the summer (Late May until mid-August)
Note: P4 students are NOT eligible for the fellowship if they are enrolled in Summer APPEs.
- Application Deadline is Friday, April 28, 2017
- Awardees will be notified by early May
- Earliest start date: May 22, 2017
For more information, please contact the USC School of Pharmacy Graduate Affairs Office at 323-442-1474 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.